WHAT IS AFFORDABLE JUSTICE?
Affordable Justice is a new service based at Winner, the Preston Road Women’s Centre in Hull.
- Divorce, separation and cohabitation - resolution of relationship breakdown.
- Non-molestation orders to provide some personal protection for you and/or your children.
- Occupation Orders to regulate who lives at the family home, to help you and your children to live in safety.
- Representation in Proceedings concerning child arrangements.
- Specific Issue Orders – for example for the return of a child who has been forcibly removed.
- Prohibited Steps Orders – for example to stop the other party from removing the child from the care of the Applicant.
MEET THE TEAM
Sue is the lead solicitor at Affordable Justice.
She qualified as a solicitor in 2009 and has since practised solely in Family Law. Sue has focused specifically on dealing with matters concerning domestic abuse and in particular in assisting women who have been subjected to domestic abuse. She has a wealth of experience in dealing with urgent applications for Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders and also has significant experience in dealing with children matters, including Child Arrangement Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and Specific Issue Orders.
Sue is experienced in supervising other fee earners in this area of law and has been involved in running companies limited by guarantee and charities. Sue is committed to working with women in the local community.
Ellen is the Legal Secretary for Affordable Justice.
She has over 20 years’ administrative experience working in Housing, NHS, Social Services and the Probation Service. Over the last five years, Ellen has supported the empowerment of women via non-molestation orders, stopping eviction orders, ensuring domestic abuse survivors are treated by the Criminal Justice System with respect and support, and acting as an interface between agencies to promote child protection and safeguard the interests of vulnerable people.
Ellen is particularly keen to promote the rights of women and welcomes the chance to make a positive difference to others by allowing them to have their voices heard.
GET IN TOUCH
Please contact us and we can discuss your situation. There is no charge for this.