Home » Specialist Areas

Specialist Areas

Affordable Justice is a women-led law firm specialising in all aspects of family law. We provide high quality legal representation to women at an affordable price, ensuring women in England and Wales are able to access legal advice and representation without the burden of not being able to afford the prices charged by commercial firms.

As a registered charity, we are able to provide women with legal advice at around a third of the price of commercial solicitors, and we can also step in when women have been refused legal aid. Our team of solicitors are experts in the field of family law. Under our range of specialist areas, we are able to provide affordable advice and representation in the family court for domestic abuse, children law, divorce, and financial matters resulting from separation.

Domestic Abuse 

If you’re a woman and are a victim of domestic abuse but have been refused legal aid or can’t afford commercial law firm prices, we may be able to help you.

Please contact us to find out more about how we can use the law to help you where domestic abuse is concerned.

There are a number of orders you can apply for if you’re a victim of domestic abuse. They are:

Non-Molestation Orders

We are able to support women with applying for non-molestation orders against abusive ex-partners in order to protect both them and their children from harmful, violent, and threatening behaviour. If you need advice or representation on gaining a non-molestation order, our team is here for you.

Occupation Orders 

If you’re a woman going through domestic abuse, you may be able to apply for an occupation order to prevent your partner from living at or accessing your joint home. Occupation orders are designed to keep you and your children safe from potentially harmful threats. There are strict criteria that must be met in order for you to be granted an occupation order. Our expert team can provide you with more information on occupation orders and provide representation for you to apply for one.

Sad woman looking out of the window

Divorce, Separation, and Cohabitation 

Our specialist team can provide confidential and impartial legal advice on divorce, separation, and cohabitation issues. If your relationship has broken down, we can guide you through your rights and help you to work with the other party to come to a mutual agreement on finances, property, and other shared assets. We can also help you with arrangements for your children.

Children Law

Our team are specialists in children law and can represent you in court when there are disputes around children or their safety. The orders we may be able to help you apply for are:

Prohibited Steps Orders 

Prohibited steps orders give you legal protection to prevent a partner from carrying out certain harmful parental activities, such as removing the child from your care, travelling with them without your consent, changing their surname, or picking them up from school if they present a threat. Affordable Justice can help you apply for a prohibited steps order.

Specific Issue Orders 

As affordable family law solicitors, we are able to provide legal guidance on specific issue orders. If you and your ex-partner are unable to come to a mutual agreement about an aspect of your child’s care, such as where they live or go to school, a specific issue order obtained through a family law court can resolve the dispute in the way that is best and safest for the child. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria for legal aid in relation to getting a specific issue order, our team of experts may be able to help you.

Find Out More 

If you are a woman looking for family solicitors, or if you’re wondering about the reasons why legal aid would be refused and what you can do thereafter, please speak to us. Our all-women team is made up of recognised family law experts. We can provide help and guidance on domestic abuse, children law, and divorce orders and step in when legal aid has been refused. Please call us on 01482 711003 or email info@affordablejustice.co.uk to discuss your options.